The Kabis I Lite Difference
The page images are captured using the latest Canon 18mp camera in full 36 bit color internally and 24 bit color external in a fraction of a second. The images are captured at 300ppi resolution with superior sharpness and excellent color fidelity with dual LEDs.
Quality Book Digitization
Quality results are the primary objective of any book digitization project. Quality includes superior images, high accuracy OCR, comprehensive metadata, and complete book integrity. Achieving this will allow you to use the book images to their fullest capability both now and for your future needs. Do it once so they last forever!
The KABIS I Lite system continues the Kirtas tradition by providing the SmartCradle™ with new automatic book centering that increases post-processing productivity. The 110 degree position is optimal for low stress, gentle book positioning and is ideal for fragile and rare books. Air flows are used to separte pages, and the latest SureTurn robotic arm and vacuum head will gently lift and turn the page. The result is full book content integrity and quality.
The newest KABIS Manager Plus software provides a simple user interface so digitizing begins quickly. It is easy to learn and setup is quick for each book. All of the KABIS controls are integrated and the interface provides easy monitoring of page capture, quality control and management for accuracy.
Kirtas Kabis I Lite Key Features
- Automatic, Semi-Automatic and Manual speeds from 400 to 1200 pages per hour
- Capture images at true optical 300ppi
- Patented SmartCradle dynamic book handler, with automatic adjustment
- Low-stress support for rare, fragile books
- Robotics that are gentler than the human hand
- SureTurn robotic arm lifts and turns each page
- Digitize 3 & 4 ring notebooks and spiral bound
Add LIMB™ Software for image processing
- LIMB retrieves available metadata retrieval and creates MARC, Dublin Core and MODS files
- LIMB image output interpolation up to 600ppi
- METS/ALTO Compliant Output w/OCR Software
- Output TIFF, JPG2000, JPG, PDF, PDF/A & more
Click link below for downloadable brochure